Thread: Trinity steelheading

Default Trinity steelheading

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!

Heading up to the Trinity by Lewiston this weekend......looks like rain/snow temps in 40's

Anyone fished it yet?

This is my first time, was gonna do a float but decided to wade....... any suggestions? Thinking about fishing the "Bucktail Hole" section

Thanks, have a great fishing year!!

There is a good access point about 1/2 mile up from the fly shop that has a couple of good holes for wading. I will also be up there this weekend we will be the three guys in pontoons. Good Luck looks like perfect steelhead weather.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Petundra View Post
    There is a good access point about 1/2 mile up from the fly shop that has a couple of good holes for wading. I will also be up there this weekend we will be the three guys in pontoons. Good Luck looks like perfect steelhead weather.

Adam
    Sounds good Adam....I'll keep an eye out

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefanbob View Post
    This is my first time, was gonna do a float but decided to wade....... any suggestions? Thinking about fishing the "Bucktail Hole" section
    Hey Dude! Trinity is fishing great. Well, you might get em, you might not...but the scenery is damn beautiful. So it's a win/win either way!

@Petundra is right about the spots near the fly shop. I live right next to them and they are some of my favorites for wading.

Although, when you feel you hammered them well enough and want to explore the Trinity some more, go to the Steiner Flat Rd/Douglas City area. Start up by the Douglas City Campground, park at the entrance, walk down to the river and explore! You can then drive down Steiner Flat Rd and use the turnouts/launch areas for parking spots to fish a spot that looks good to you. Some turnouts will have trails, some wont.

Good luck and that water should tickle your Steelheading fancy for years to come. Definitely treat yourself to a guide one day, that's an experience of a life time. Let us know how you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoseBass View Post
    Hey Dude! Trinity is fishing great. Well, you might get em, you might not...but the scenery is damn beautiful. So it's a win/win either way!

@Petundra is right about the spots near the fly shop. I live right next to them and they are some of my favorites for wading.

Although, when you feel you hammered them well enough and want to explore the Trinity some more, go to the Steiner Flat Rd/Douglas City area. Start up by the Douglas City Campground, park at the entrance, walk down to the river and explore! You can then drive down Steiner Flat Rd and use the turnouts/launch areas for parking spots to fish a spot that looks good to you. Some turnouts will have trails, some wont.

Good luck and that water should tickle your Steelheading fancy for years to come. Definitely treat yourself to a guide one day, that's an experience of a life time. Let us know how you do.
    Thanks SJB......I'm coming from San Jose(lived here for 23 years), your "old neck of the woods"! I appreciate the info,,,,I"ll definetly update ya all!!
    Last edited by yankeefanbob; 01-05-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petundra View Post

Adam
    See you at the Grass Valley Creek Hole around 3:30-4:00 biatch!