Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curing Coon Shrimp

East bayed,

Your going to receive lots of information and how to cure shrimp. Keep in mind if you buy just what you need for the day you won't have to cure anything and besides the un-touched shrimp might even be more deadly then the cured stuff? Fresh sand shrimp comes to mind.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Can I come over for a shrimp cocktail Mark?
    Sure but it won't taste too good...
    MY shrimp cocktail is shrimp and salmon or steelhead roe together on a hook, BARF...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    I did not fish steelies much this fall and I stayed home on the opener Sunday.
    Likely, it will be a scant Eel R strain return this year due to the failures at Nimbus Hatchery to produce and release quotas in 2013 2014 and 2015.
    Let us hope for strays... and if they don't come... then STRAY yourself... west and north

With you on the getting old problems. Led me to try Spey style stuff. I'm much more likely to pick up my spinning rod with a float/jig combo now. I'll still wade deep on good gravel but leave the bigger slippery stuff for the younger guys. By the way I've only seen "Coon" shrimp for sale up in Washington. Tight lines!

Idadon, I still wade hard and probably more aggresively then some of the youngsters (just not up to my younger standards), but with progressive lenses in my glasses I don't see the bottom as well and a spinning rod makes it easier. I will still carry my fly rod, but will be more selective with the water I'm fishing when using it.

By the way, (I don't want to start a new thread), but, while surfing the net looking for info on small shrimp curing and coon shrimp, I ran across several you tube and google searches that mentioned tuna balls soaked in Paulzke Nectar. That also sounded very interesting.

Good fishing to all.

Good bait for salmon and used up here in Idaho frequently. Never saw anyone trying it for Steelhead though.