Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tinting two part epoxy

DL,

Nope, Small plastic 2 oz bottles that come in just about any color you want.

Yes water color paint.

Carl

Default tinting epoxy

Quote Originally Posted by DLJeff View Post
    What do you use to tint / color two part epoxy?
    I use rit dye dissovlved in a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Just enough to barely liquefy the dye. It will increase the set time but not significantly. Add until the epoxy gets the shade that you want. It makes a nice translucent color. You can also mix in some small glitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Telford View Post
    I use rit dye dissovlved in a small amount of rubbing alcohol. Just enough to barely liquefy the dye. It will increase the set time but not significantly. Add until the epoxy gets the shade that you want. It makes a nice translucent color. You can also mix in some small glitter.
    Mike,

With all due respect, your system seems a lot more involved than it has to be. I've come up with a simple system that works consistently and doesn't involve spending extra money on dye and rubbing alcohol. I simply buy a bottle of water soluble paint for a dollar and put a tiny drop directly into the epoxy before I mix it. The epoxy will come out exactly the same color as the paint. It doesn't get any simpler than that. I've added some pictures to show my results.

CarlClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Chicken Flies 2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	12568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chicken Flies 4.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	12569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chicken Flies 3.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	12570