Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Aboard the Pineapple Express

Default All Aboard the Pineapple Express

What a day.... Been watching the rivers and creeks swell as the heavens opened up big time. Would have loved to see temps colder as it seems like most of this is falling as rain below 8500k feet. At this point it looks like eastern sierra passes are getting a lot more snow than the western slope.

Truckee is over 3500 CFS in the canyon and almost 3k in Nevada.
    Yuba River 25k+

Lots of H20 in our reservoirs.

Not many fishing windows in the next week. I'm going to try and catch the BT on the down. Going to get real cold later in the week. Like sub 0 in the high country for overnight lows.

Be safe.

There's still a few tailwaters that are fishable! With this rain, the winter chromers should be pushing up into the lower American. Time to go hunt for some winter steel while the rest of the rivers are blown out!

Over here in Davis, CA we got missed by the rain.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Salmon season in the Sac metro is almost done with these flows coming now.

Here's a video a buddy sent me ,SF Yuba! Hate to be a Fish in that.
    https://www.facebook.com/amory.kipst...1841120447004/i
    Last edited by Mark Kranhold; 12-10-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Here's a video a buddy sent me ,SF Yuba! Hate to be a Fish in that.
    https://www.facebook.com/amory.kipst...1841120447004/i
    That poor girl has lived a very boring life if that's "legitimately" the scariest thing she's ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog8404 View Post
    That poor girl has lived a very boring life if that's "legitimately" the scariest thing she's ever seen.

That is a pretty amazing video. Incredible how powerful mother nature is. Pretty amazing rain event for us in norcal. I heard Grass Valley, Blue Canyon, and foothills 5-7 + inches of rain in 24 hours. JB posted a cool video of englebright spilling on Facebook.
    Looks like the east side the sierra did really well up top with snow.
    Kirkwood 18 inches of new snow.
    Mammoth 2.5 Feet at Summit

Winter storm warning with another 1-2 feet of snow coming on the west/east slope of sierra (Places like Sugar Bowl, Donner, kirkwood).

Looking like a good winter.

Sorry to be the turd in the punchbowl Truckee got deluged and the river is up and chocolaty. Should move some fish around though.

I HATE it that Truckee is the new drip line, we at least is has been for the last 8 years. Even 2011, the last big year, the first half we had drip line issues. Heck we went mountain biking on New Years that year.
    Precip is always a good thing, just wish it were white and fluffy! This upcoming event- could be rain or snow at 6K. fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    Sorry to be the turd in the punchbowl Truckee got deluged and the river is up and chocolaty. Should move some fish around though.

I HATE it that Truckee is the new drip line, we at least is has been for the last 8 years. Even 2011, the last big year, the first half we had drip line issues. Heck we went mountain biking on New Years that year.
    Precip is always a good thing, just wish it were white and fluffy! This upcoming event- could be rain or snow at 6K. fingers crossed!
    John, every time I hear turd in the punch bowl it reminds me of the scene in Caddy shack. Bill Murray taking a bite out of the baby Ruth that was floating in the pool. CLASSIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    John, every time I hear turd in the punch bowl it reminds me of the scene in Caddy shack. Bill Murray taking a bite out of the baby Ruth that was floating in the pool. CLASSIC!!
    Mark- Still my favorite movie. Nothing even close.

As for the precipitation I know its a bummer. Wish we had 2 feet on the ground in Truckee, but at this point water at least is getting into Tahoe, Donner, Boca, Prosser, Stampede, Folsom, etc, etc. We have tail waters with a few exceptions and I'm just grateful water is falling. This next one does look cooler so fingers crossed.

Fishing the BT on the down though will yield possibility of some big winter fish. A lot like steelhead fishing. You can get into something that will break you off quickly.

Fingers crossed. I realize I'm an optimist .