Thread: Hogan's Little Amigo....

Default Hogan's Little Amigo....

Anybody know the recipe for this fly? curious what he uses for the thorax, looks like possibly dyed pheasant tail? And also, does anyone know what material is used for the legs/gills? I can see some Krystal flash in there witch is pretty common in a lot of Hogan's Baetis nymph patterns but I'm curious what he's using for the gills. I know Hogan is on this forum from time to time, maybe he would be willing to shed some light on this pattern. Thanks!

Hey vinny…always amazes me not more people have picked up on this fly. I came up with this 5-6 years ago when everyone started fishing the S&M. It was my alternative to the S&M basically…I stopped fishing the S&M outside of PMD Version and really only fish the Amigo….Thorax is palmered Goose Biot with Xsm wire around it for durability. Legs/Gills is pheasant tail fibers from the small feathers on a whole pheasant tail and midge flash. Good luck.

Thanks Hogan......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Pretty awesome to ask a question about a particular pattern and get the answer directly from the source! You da man Hogan! Thank you.

no worries Vinny. Have fun!