Thread: Isleton area for stripers

Default Isleton area for stripers

Any intel for this area would be appreciated. Coming over from Napa and looking to explore some new water later this week.

Thanks in advance.

Pretty quite. Must be on fire.

The delta's been hit or miss, mostly miss, miss, miss, miss....in fact, I'm heading heading your way

Grassgrower ? real name?,

I hate calling anybody by a handle. It's hard enough to remember a real name. Anyway, I'm curious about Isleton. If you had another reason for going there I could understand, but there are lots of good places to chase stripers along the way coming from Napa. Hwy. 12 takes you right past Grizzly Island and that takes you right out into the open water of the Sac and the San Joaquin. You could easily cross over and hit all of the area around Broad Slough and Sherman Lake.

If you stay on Hwy.12 you'll come right into Rio Vista. From there you can go right, left, or straight and hit several main routes that stripers take when working their way up river when it's time to spawn in the spring. Right now most of the stripers are milling around in the delta or still coming out of the bay.

Isleton is more of a highway area for them rather than a holding or resting area and it's a bit early for the spring run to begin. I'm sure there are some stripers there too, but it wouldn't be my first choice of a place to go them right now.

just my two cents,
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Thanks Tony. Ended up staying local around american canyon on the napa river. Timing for us wasn't great concerning the tide but we did get five fish to hand and missed probably another five or so. Couldn't of asked for a more beautiful day however. Look forward to learning the west delta. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you. Thanks for the reply. Really like what you have to contribute to the forum. Thanks again.

Yeah, I should change the handle. I'm in the golf business.

Regards,

Sean.

Good to meet you Sean. Glad you found a few fish too. I used to put in often at Cuttings Wharf or Kennedy park and venture out into the sloughs around the Leslie Salt flats and often found some cleaner water when the Napa River was muddied up. One of my best stripers I ever took there was above the Lincoln Ave. bridge in all of those trees and snags. Just above the Southern Crossing bridge was another good spot when there was a strong out-going tide.

Good luck and have fun exploring,
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

See private messages,
    The worst day of fishing is better than the best day of work