Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eagle Lake Shrimp Pattern?

Thanks Bill... Great info about a legendary CA flyfisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    Thanks Jon

I am sure we would have heard if he was gone so God bless him.

He has had a wonderful life.
    You, my Dad, and the rest of you old salts got to experience Northern California in its hey day with a fly rod. All of you are so fortunate, and have led great journeys of
    success on holy waters. I envy you, yet at the same time congratulate you for being out there, and experiencing the old school magic. I get it. At least I was able to fish the waters of northern California in the 70's, just hit the water, and fish on! It was special - J.
    "I fish, I write, I travel, and I'm hungry for more!"
    http://jonbaiocchiflyfishingnews.blogspot.com/

http://www.baiocchistroutfitters.com/
    The premier fly fishing guide service for the northern sierra.

Jay is an awesome guy.

Fished a guide day with him almost 20 years ago when I was a nor cal newbie. Still vividly remember zooming across Eagle, his face facing the freezing December wind and snow as I shivered in a jacket he loaned me.

Called him to buy some of his custom dyed schlappen hackle after that: he insisted on sending it to me without prepayment "just send me a check when you get it."

Called him a few times after that, he was always glad to b.s. about spots and patterns no strings attached: during one of those conversations he described one his damsel patterns that is a standard in my lake box to this day. Class act for sure!