Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Davis and Frenchman

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Ragarm View Post
    Hey Aaron...I'm thinking of going up later in the week (usually Friday)...or, this weekend. Let me know if you want to meet up.
    Mike
    Hey Mike

Dam. I will be stuck at home Friday-Monday. Having crown moulding done and have to be here. Let me know how you do. Hopefully the fish are in the same are and u can get a bunch. If u have a fish finder and fish the launch ramp area, find the weeds and then parallel them, but in about 12-14 ft of water.

Aaron
    Last edited by Kaiyasdad; 11-01-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Mark.... the last storm Lake Davis dumped 5 inches of snow, and i would think that all the campgrounds would be close.
    Frenchman lake is a little lower, and you might be able to drive your motor home up to the boat ramp, same thing here the campgrounds could be closed.
    Its only a hour drive from Reno to Lake Davis or Frenchman, staying in a motel is the best way to fish this time of the year, your 2WD SUV should be fine ......tire chains are a must to have with you.....let us know how you did .....good luck

Hey Marks, I called Wiggin's & asked about the snow at the lake (Frenchman)...she said they've received little snow and wouldn't hesitate going up in a 2WD. Plus, the weather report: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...6#.WBoUPnnrvGI shows it to be clear for the most part, with temps in the low 60's, so most of the little snow that's up there should thin out by your timeframe. Having a float tube will make it easier to access most of the popular sites. I've only fished Davis a couple of times this year & the reports on Kiene's pretty much mirror my results...few fish, but big fish. The Sierra Motel in Portola will put you about 30 minutes or less from Frenchman & less for Davis. The motel is a little "Spartan", but doable. Good luck.
    Mike