Thread: Pyramid, Davis, Frenchman Lake 10/19-21/16

Default Pyramid, Davis, Frenchman Lake 10/19-21/16

Pyramid Lake.....With a 10 mph wind i decided to fish Monument, its surprising how big the waves can get with only a 10 mph wind, after almost getting seasick from bobbing around in the float tube with no grabs it was time to call it a day.....water temp 60 degrees. It was nice to run into Doug O. at Monument and talk about the up coming fishing season.

Lake Davis.....Brrrrrr water temp 48 degrees, between the storm and the coots there was tons of grass and weeds floating around and it made trolling and casting difficult, you had to check your fly for weeds after each cast. I fished Freeman bay shallows for no grabs, came back into Mosquito bay hooked a couple......no toads on this trip. There were quite a few people fishing Mosquito and after talking to some of them a 3-5 fish day was the norm with a couple of toad stories. I found that a burnt orange streamer was more visible in the stain water.

Frenchman Lake......It was such a nice day with light winds and a water temp of 56 degrees, that my wife said that she wanted to fish also.... hmmmmm..... i decided to fished the South end of the lake by the boat ramp which is a nice easy place for her to troll.
    The water was a little stained around the shallows, but I found some deep water weed beds that had clearer water around them. There are some big trout in Frenchman, not many but a few, so when i fish for them i like to used a big streamer (2-3 inches) long, and for the stained water i used a UV burnt orange streamer on a inter. line that i would cast into and around the deep water weed beds, after a couple of hours of fishing i caught 3 nice 18-20 inch rainbows.....and my wife even caught one.

Frenchman Lake

Always nice to see the fall colors
    Last edited by gene goss; 10-22-2016 at 03:52 PM.

With such obvious contempt of your wife, do you ever wonder why women don't buy into this sport? I think a bit of encouragement rather than derision and contempt would go a long ways.
    "And here is a picture of a gorgeous trout my wife caught", rather than ". . . and even my wife caught one."
    But, what would I know? I'm only a girl who has spent 25 years trying to get other women into fly fishing despite the constant patronizing condescension from males (and yes, husbands and boyfriends) they endure. You boys must feel some real threat from woman who can fish.

TigerLilly.....you are right....it was a bad choice of words....i hope this doesn't turn into a Trump thing where more women come forward.
    My wife and i are in our 70's, and have been married for 20 wonderful years, we are able to take life not as seriously that a little teasing is going to hurt one another feelings.....fishing is suppose to be fun and not taken so seriously that it ruins you day of fishing.
    Lilly it sounds like you enjoy fly fishing, and love to share your knowledge....are you a member of a fly club?

We would love more women in fly fishing.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7874.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	12455
    Had a pretty good trip to pyramid this weekend. My wife got a pig. Her biggest fish by far on a fly. We did good not a ton numbers wise but 3 fish over 10 pounds we were pretty happy about.