Thread: Thanks to the awesome person...

Default Thanks to the awesome person...

...who found my fly rod and reel where I accidentally left them laying on Sunday. I had hiked a few miles into the MF American and forgot to load up one of my rods. Went back at first light this morning to find it gone. On the off chance, I swung by the Aurburn ranger station feeling physically ill...and sure enough, someone had dropped it off. Unbelievably grateful beyond words. It is so heartwarming to know that there are still some really good quality people left in the world. That rod and reel setup is one that came to me through great fortune. I could never have afforded to buy it in the first place. If I hadn't gotten it back, I would never have been able to replace it...ever. I went from feeing sick, to feeing like a little kid in Christmas morning!

I wish I knew who was so kind. I would like to thank them and tell them much their kindness meant to me. I would like to believe that I had banked some serious karma in my life, though I may have to start from scratch after such a big payoff. Someone's kindness brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you to whoever did this...and to all of the fly fishing community. I hear about so many amazing things from our community that aren't common anymore in the general population.

Fish ON

Ty

That's great Ty! Like you said ,quality people in the world...there hard to come by. Congrats to ya and a big thanks to the mystery man/woman for being who you are!!

I think the good folks out number the bad.....
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Man, that is refreshing to hear there are still upstanding people out there.....

Raffi

Lots of good people still out there. It's just that the bad guys get more notoriety.
    I'm sure karma played a factor in you getting your gear back. It's like smiling at people when you walk into a business -- somehow changes the whole dynamic.
    I'm glad you got your gear back. We get attached to our rods especially - and this one obviously means a lot to you.