Thread: Lake Davis and Frenchman Lake 9/26-30/16

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lake Davis and Frenchman Lake 9/26-30/16

I needed another toad fix and I wasn't disappointed....the first day was the best day, water temp 62, bugs were coming off, light winds, some toads were feeding on the surface in the end of Freeman Bay in some very shallow water, i hooked 7, landed 5 on my 5 color UV marabou streamer on a floating line fishing in the weed beds.

The second day I decided to give Davis a rest and went to Frenchman Lake, found a fly club and 9 tuber's fishing Turkey Point area.....bummer, so I packed my tube to the end of the lake that no one wanted to fish, lots of weed beds and very shallow water with a lot of rising trout feeding on the surface....wow, I should have caught 30 trout if I had the right fly, but I only landed 7 on my flies with a floating line and a long leader.

The third day I fished Lake Davis, with a building wind I went back to Freeman Bay, after 500 bad cast that ended up hung up on the weeds, this weed had a wiggle and then it blasted out of the shallow water for deeper water, my fly line was screaming off the reel, it's been a long time since I seem my backing being taken out by a Lake Davis trout......wow. I only hooked 3 and landed 2 that long windy day.

The fourth day I stayed close to my launch point with a building wind that turned into a 20+ mph big tail wind for the ride back to the launch point....that was kind of scary.....not surprising that I didn't catch anything.

TOAD

Frenchman trout 15-20 inches
    The trout were on the surface in this very shallow water.

Big wind at Lake Davis

Fire in the sky
    Last edited by gene goss; 10-01-2016 at 10:13 AM.