Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flouro vs Mono for Steelhead

I use both. Flouro if water is very clear, and mono if not. As for Maxima being under rated for it's diameter, I think most guys that use it, know that. Maxima is not the only company to do that with their monofilament line. Just to name a couple more, Berkley and P-Line do too. I've tried green P-Line CXX, and like it a bit better than Maxima. For flouro, I like most of the Seaguar lines(I use a lot of Grand Max and Abrazx for swinging), and Sunline Sniper. Flouro, I only use a Kreh Loop, double pitzen, or this version of a double uni.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfb92Df6gpE

briansII

I have used Seaguar Invizx for several years now for all my pre-tied Steelhead leaders.

Last year I read an article on some FF site that had tested all the latest versions of fluorocarbon by leading manufacturers. A leader material called Trouthunter (Made in Japan) won the testing.

I purchased some Trouthunter Fluorocarbon as a result of reading the article. I used it at the end of last winter steelhead season and just ordered five 50 meter spools for this upcoming season. The 2X is stronger than the 10# Seaguar even though the diameter of the TH is slightly less than that of the SG.