Thread: Sad News Indeed....

Unhappy Sad News Indeed....

Kevin Doran reported this morning on Blanton's BB that Mike Mckenzie has passed away. We've lost a tireless advocate for Delta fisheries and environment. RIP.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I'm deeply saddened to hear that. In my reality... he was more relevant/important than Arnold Palmer and/or Jose Fernandez...
    That said, 3 really good men, who changed the sporting world and the world at large... in a positive way. all passed croths... crossed paths...
    My condolences to family, friends and the delta ecosystem and may you take comfort in knowing that Mike made a difference on this planet, a difference which inspired others and a difference which will have lasting, positive effects ~
    Last edited by STEELIES/26c3; 09-26-2016 at 03:12 PM.

Oh man that sucks sorry to hear that and thanks for posting that Darian ! My condolences to Mikes family and loved ones, RIP Mike!

really sad news, Mike was like a delta guardian angel....irreplaceable

Very sad news. I never met Mike and the only interaction I ever had with him was on fishing forums. I have no doubt that had we met, we wouldn't have agreed on much of anything. I'm still left wishing we had met because one thing pretty certain we would have agreed on is that disagreement is just that: disagreement, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

My condolences to his friends who frequent or read this forum.