Thread: Angora Lakes

Default Angora Lakes

Hey all, haven't posted for a while, job change/loooong story.
    I'm going to be in the Lake Tahoe area later this month and might be going up to the Angora Lakes. Any info on the fishing there? I know the upper lake is stocked with Browns, but not much on the lower lake which is what a buddy of mine wants to fish..
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

I thought they both had LCTs...no?

Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    Hey all, haven't posted for awhile, job change/loooong story.
    I'm going to be in the Lake Tahoe area later this month and might be going up to the Angora Lakes. Any info on the fishing there? I know the upper lake is stocked with Browns, but not much on the lower lake which is what a buddy of mine wants to fish..

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    I thought they both had LCTs...no?
    Not to my knowledge. Or, at least, not on Google. These are pretty small lakes.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Check with 'Tahoe Fly Fishing Outfitters'..........good shop with good guides.

http://tahoeflyfishing.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

NOt sure who told you the upper lake is stocked with browns....
    We havent had those stocked any where around here for years.
    They are trying to re introuduce lct in the area...they have been killing off all others for years.
    Ruining our fisheries and WASTING tax dollars for a fish that will never regain hold enough to grow and thrive in the area.
    Angora is more a lake for swimming and cliff jumping in the summer.
    I wouldnt waste my time.

Ok thanks Morgan. Was going off of the website and older reports, 2011. We have some teens coming with us so we thought leave them at the "upper' lake and fish the lower.

Too bad the State is ruining so many lakes, many that I used to get really nice Brookies out of are now "barren" because of frogs.

Hey Wineslob! Was wondering where you'd been and if you had hit the
    couple of lakes we've both fished near Bowman the last couple years.

Haven't been up there in two years, but read they had stocked in 2013.

PM me if you've been up there.

Eric

Eric, went to the lower one in June. Weather was really weird, cold, wind, and rain. Water was cold as hell, no fish caught. I didn't make it last year, I was working graveyard shift, it really killed my fishing.

Well welcome back! I haven't been up there in two years. Maybe Fall to take a look.

Graveyard shift almost put me in the nut house a few years ago. Body couldn't take it.

Hope all is well,
    Eric

Very late follow up. There are nice Cutts in the upper lake. The lower lake, while very pretty, is shallow. I trolled (gulp!) out of a raft just off the area where EVERYONE cliff jumps/dives. Got a 9" and a nice fat 16" fish. The fish were just off the bottom, probably 25 ft. deep or so. Had to give up by noon, just too many swimmers.
    BTW there was still snow up near the tops of the surrounding peaks.