Thread: McCloud Nature Conservancy Rules

Default McCloud Nature Conservancy Rules

I reserved a tag for next month at the McCloud River Nature Conservancy for myself, I'd like to have my wife come along with me, she's not a fisherman, just 1 rod....... is she able to come with me?

I asked the representative I talked to on the phone about this, but unfortunately she didn't know, she said she's new!

I searched all over the internet hoping to find an answer with no luck!

Anybody know? I'm aware that it says 10 fisherman per day.

Thanks,
    Bob

Haven't fished it in a few years but I don't think there's an issue at all. That said if there was, I have never seen anyone on the Conservancy in an official capacity verifying the rod/person count but I really don't think you'd be breaking the rules having a non fishing companion with you.

Bwag: That's what I'm thinking..... as the issue is 10 fisherman per day keeping those waters protected from over fishing and abuse!

Thanks....

BTW how did you do at the conservancy?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefanbob View Post
    BTW how did you do at the conservancy?
    Did pretty good between me and two other friends, plenty of fish between us with some occasionally over 18". I'm more of a swung fly for Steelhead person, not the best trout fisherman, only fish for them about once a year so I'm sure the more experienced do really well. That said, I thought the fishing was good as well down from the Ah Di Na camp. I would recommend going down to the Conservancy at least once, it is a beautiful area.

The Conservancy is open to all people to explore so your wife will be fine. The only restrictions is on rods. It is slow going to make it the last bit to the conservancy as the road is rough. The trail follows the river pretty close so you two should be in fairly close proximity as you fish.

dude02: Sounds good......appreciate the info, I'll give all update when I get back.....really looking forward to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwag View Post
    Did pretty good between me and two other friends, plenty of fish between us with some occasionally over 18". I'm more of a swung fly for Steelhead person, not the best trout fisherman, only fish for them about once a year so I'm sure the more experienced do really well. That said, I thought the fishing was good as well down from the Ah Di Na camp. I would recommend going down to the Conservancy at least once, it is a beautiful area.
    Cool......we're thinking of doing Ah Di Na next year.