Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flies on Clear Lake

Really good stuff. Looking forward to reading more info as you get Clear Lake figured out.

I've been there once in late summer/early fall, and the algae was pretty bad. The lake had a crazy amount of baitfish. I can see why it's one of the best LMB fisheries in the country.

briansII

Thanks Brian! Im really looking forward to my future trips out here. I'll definitely keep everyone updated as I progress. And yeah the baitfish in the lake is really something else. I've never seen numbers like that anywhere else, definitely got me thinking the same... No wonder!

Her Ryan. Thanks for the articles and Clear Lake info. I live in Hidden Valley Lake about a half hour towards Middletown. I don't fish Clear Lake often, but do fish small streamers on an intermittent line on Hidden Valley Lake. Glad you're doing well this time of year. Mike

Regarding the top water bite. I used to live in Lakeport. In the summer I would fish the weed mats in the middle of the lake. Unless your fly is really weedless cast across the weed mat into open water and work it back towards the weeds. Or work the edges away from the mat. I did better working towards the mat.

On your clouser it looks like the bottom is white. What's the top color?

Mike, glad you enjoyed the writing and thank you! And Thanks for the info Bruce! That's the type of sutff I'm looking for!

Do you know when the TW bite typically slows down? For the clouser, the top is grey with with a little olive flash, and yes bottom is white.