Thread: Lake Davis TOADS 8/25-31/16

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lake Davis TOADS 8/25-31/16

With higher water temp than I like to fish, 68 degrees in the morning, and 72 degrees in the evening, and the few fishing reports that I heard about fishing Lake Davis was that it was slow and the temp of the water was to high for a safe release of trout if you caught one.
    SO with a small window of time between my wife's plans, and other things....etc, I decided to give Lake Davis, and Frenchmans a try and make my own fishing report good or bad.

If you fish when the water temp is high you need to land the fish quickly, use barb less hooks, KEEP the fish in the water for a photo and give a little longer time to help with the recovery

In 5 days of fishing Lake Davis and kicking 3-5 miles a day in the float tube I only landed 9 fish, 2 of them were 6+ lbs.....I don't think there are any small fish in Davis.....almost all my grabs came from fishing the areas between the weed beds with short casts, the wind is your friend when your fishing for these big toads.

A good guide like Jon Baiocchi that know's the lake can help put you into a toad.

TOADS.....of Lake Davis

Almost all toads were caught on a 5 color marabou streamer on inter line, with a 15 ft leader, 8 lbs tippet.

Frenchman Lake .....water temp 67 in the early morning.....i fish early in the morning for a couple of hours for 6-9 fish between 15-19 inches.....there is a early morning surface actively.

I love seeing the fly in the corner of the mouth on these streamer flies.

This is the 5 color marabou streamer with a little UV
    Last edited by gene goss; 09-02-2016 at 07:26 AM.