Thread: West Carson River Rainbow

Default West Carson River Rainbow

Last week I spent on the Eastern Side of our Sierras. I began fishing with a group of Amador Fly Fishers on Indian Creek Reservoir. Others landed some Lahontan, as for me, my second time in a float tube in 40 years. Mostly going in circles and learning how to navigate that contraption... I had some very good strikes but no hooking.

That all changed when I took to the West Carson River the next day where I brought to the net over several dozen Trout, a mix of Triploids and Rainbows. The next day proved to be even better, I fished from 8:30A to about 3PM and released 47 Trout. Not many large ones, mostly between 10-13" a few Browns and Rainbows.

I have been a photographer for many years but, my professional cameras are far too large and prone to damage from water. So, this time I brought along a recent purchase, a Nikon Waterproof camera that proved to be very useful in and around the water. Attached is a shot of a 14" Rainbow that fought bravely and then decided to pose for the camera.

Regards,

Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FISHING 8-17-19-16.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	12288  

Default West Fork....

Sounds like you had a good trip. That's a really nice photo, also. Was the water at Indian Creek Rsvr filled with algae bloom???
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Darian:

Well, I see I made mistake and posted this in the wrong forum. I intended to place it in the Trout: Streams & Rivers forum, Oh too many options today...

Thanks for your remarks, and yes, there was algae but, it was not nearly as thick as Clear Lake. I could see my fly at about four feet.

Regards.

Don