Thread: New Rio's Trout/Steelhead Indicator Line / Rio's Camolux Line

Default New Rio's Trout/Steelhead Indicator Line / Rio's Camolux Line

Rio has just released these two new lines for this year.

Rio's Trout/Steelhead Indicator Line and Rio's Camolux Intermediate. These two lines are very good! Check them out!
    Lincoln Gray
    LG'S Fly Fishing Adventures
    530-520-6895
    http://lgflyfishingadventures.com

Lincoln,
    Any idea how it differs from the Indicator 2 line?

Terry
    Sorry for the delay! The new line is very similar to the old Salmon/Steelhead line.
    Lincoln Gray
    LG'S Fly Fishing Adventures
    530-520-6895
    http://lgflyfishingadventures.com

I haven't had a single Rio intermediate line last over a year. The outside splits and exposes the inner core. And Rio refuses to replace it. I hope they step up their game and either fix the issue or back their product.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Interesting, haven't had that experience. Here's something that I have seen when working the shop. On several occasions I have had customers come in and complain that their lines are not holding up (it didn't matter the brand). I asked if they had their reel with them and on each situation there were grooves in the reel frame caused from stripping DOWNWARD. I'm not saying that is what happened to Scott, however, I am suggesting that if you see groves in the frame of your reel, you need to make some adjustments.

I like the new Trout/steel, line as much as the S&S line with the intouch core...
    To me the indie line has more turn over, but isn't really good for other stuff...like fishing a dry.
    I also swing a sinking leader on it for streamer fishin" on the far bank.....

Jim

Sorry Terry, but no grooves. I check every possible reason for something failing before I go online and make a comment.

And when they won't even bother to help me with a line where the outer section of the line separated like it did within 6 or so months, I loose all faith in them.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Scott, l will see that your line is replaced. PM me the line weight and exact line. I want to make sure we have the line in stock.
    T.

Default Rio service has been excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    Sorry Terry, but no grooves. I check every possible reason for something failing before I go online and make a comment.

And when they won't even bother to help me with a line where the outer section of the line separated like it did within 6 or so months, I loose all faith in them.
    I had two separate Rio lines that wore, split way too soon. Both were replaced immediately upon speaking with someone at Rio. Sorry you didn't get the same service but i love them and their products.

Rich