Thread: Rising 'Shot Pack'

Default Rising 'Shot Pack'

If possible, I don't like to carry a bunch of unnecessary stuff when I'm fishing, so I try to get away with not wearing a vest. Possibly that comes from the backpacking days. I think most fly fishers would be surprised if at the end of the day they made two piles, one with what they actually used, one with the unnecessary stuff.

Rising's Shot Pack is right up my alley. Place for tippet spools, retractors for tools (although I modified mine somewhat), drying patch, couple of pockets for flies, floatant, sunscreen, lighter, strike indicators, etc., and it goes on your belt or wader straps. I suspect most anything else that you really need could fit in your shirt or wader or shorts pocket, maybe a bottle holder for water.

About five and a half by six inches.

$30.

I've been using the Rising 'Flask Pack' for a few years now. They make some high-quality well designed gear.

I think the boys might enjoy a shot of whisky once in a while - Flask Pack, Shot Pack, and the handle of their nets does double duty as a flask.
    Nice to see someone doing what they like and at the same time making great products.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

And I love the decal they sent: "If it were easy, it would be called trolling."

interesting product. i think it would be a nice option for small stream fishing, or when the fish are really keyed on one thing (eg, egg bite). i could see this being great for wet wading the NFYR for instance, when my full pack is complete overkill.

i get anxious though when i dont have my usual array with me during the heat of the bug season, so i don't know that i would use this for my "big fish" adventures on the T/LT/Yuba.

It's going to be perfect for my AK float trips (leaving Monday). The raft and/or camp is never far away, so the majority of the gear can remain there while I carry the bare essentials in the Shot Pack.
    I have often thought was a pain it is to wear a heavy vest or carry a boat box full of flies when I only need a few - and then worry that I might forget the vest or the fly box where I set it on the ground.