Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lakes area

Default Blue Lakes area

In the next few weeks I will be going up to the Blue Lakes area and fishing the lakes and streams around Blue like Meadow, Granite and the West Fork Carson. I dont know what will be hatching........can anyone please help me out?
    thank you

If work doesn't get in the way, I'm hoping to head up there next week. If I do, I'll let you know how it went.

There's some great 4wd to fish opportunities in that area

Lots of brookies too that will hit anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Lots of brookies too that will hit anything!
    ye there is, i have gone in the little creeks around meadow and thrown dries for hours and just non stop little brooks about 6/7 in

Quote Originally Posted by johnsquires View Post
    If work doesn't get in the way, I'm hoping to head up there next week. If I do, I'll let you know how it went.
    okay thanks that would be great

I'm kinda interested in this area too, and will have a few days off for vacation in 2 weeks. 4x4 roads also sound very interesting if anyone would like to offer some info. Thanks! Off to Google now.

-eric
    fresno, ca.

FWIW Blue lakes can get really low, and the CG can be more like a Mad Max scene than lakeside camping. Not sure where you can get the conditions but worth looking into before hand.
    The hike to stuff is beautiful around there though.

Quote Originally Posted by epzamora View Post
    I'm kinda interested in this area too, and will have a few days off for vacation in 2 weeks. 4x4 roads also sound very interesting if anyone would like to offer some info. Thanks! Off to Google now.

-eric
    fresno, ca.
    Yea I think I'm going up there the 1-5 I only know of a few 4x4 trails at Blue Lakes but the is the Rubicon around there somewhere?

So I decided instead to head to Lewiston Lake - until I looked at the weather report. Same with Hat Creek. I'm not a fan of 100-degree weather. So now I'm thinking back to the Highway 88 area. Leaving either tomorrow or Tues.
    I talked to some friends who stayed at Silver Lake last week. Not sure of all the water they fished, but they said it was really slow. Seems like this year the water has been too high or the temperatures are too uncomfortable. Not sure where I'll end up.