Thread: lots of salmon in the AR but soon there will be no water

Counter to first impression... there are not very many salmon in the river especially considering the flows.
    Last edited by STEELIES/26c3; 07-26-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by STEELIES/26c3 View Post
    Caught a dime bright salmon on a spinner in the AR during yesterday's opener but it's hard to get excited knowing that Folsom Lake has dropped approximately 5.75% of its capacity in the last 7 days and at the current rate of inflow/outflow, it would be empty by September 15th.

I do hope that sooner, rather than later, DWR will curb the flows of the AR.

It would appear that we are in not much better shape, if any, water-wise for the fall of 2016.

It is inconceivable that our governor would be pushing for a massive twin tunnels project to divert even more water from our long-suffering delta and the dwindling rivers which attempt to feed it~
    Twin tunnels delta plan isn't going to happen

I'm thinking you are right... but they are going to try like hell and it is up to us to stay involved in its prevention.

It's going to be a sad day when the flows get cut back to 500 cfs overnight and all the redds get exposed!

This is beyond disgusting. The people controlling Folsom / AR water need to pull their heads out of their arses.

Wishn

Don't you just love driving down the highway and seeing the Amber alert sign saying severe drought ...water sparingly! Then you see the American flowing full tilt! What happened before dams ,the rivers in creeks got low and the saltwater intruded. Let it run its natural cycle.

You hit the nail on the head Mark, but money talks and this state can't support the population that it has, so the wildlife in this state takes a back seat. And I'll be the first to say it, our moron governor does not care!
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the size of fish that I catch, the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that no one would believe me any way".

Two things:
    1) Now that the delta islands were sold to the SoCal MWD it would appear the tunnels are happening?
    2) Tell me if I'm understanding this correctly. From Wired... "See, those pumps (to SoCal) are so powerful that they cause the water in the river to flow backwards, which allows salt water from the San Francisco Bay to creep inland and spoil the water for farmers in situ." Is that why we are pumping 5000cfs still? The more I learn the less I seem to understand.

http://www.wired.com/2016/07/socals-...wettest-river/