Aron, there really isn't any way to actually predict what form the final document/project will take. However, since the current "tunnels project" is not yet finalized/permitted by authoritative powers, there could be revisions to the current proposal, such as reducing the number of tunnels or intakes. There're several alternatives listed in project documents that were rejected initially but supported by evaluators. Any one or more of them might/could potentially be adopted. If you've been following the BDCP/WaterFix process, you'd be aware that project documents haven't yet been approved for implementation. Water contractors have raised some concerns about the cost vs benefit of funding the project (the LA MWD purchase of the islands may've changed that, tho). Too many problems for project teams to work on to list here but rest assured, that planning continues by all of those who want to divert water from the Delta. Among the others, the problem of a lack of dedicated funding for completion of the project before obtaining required permits remains unresolved to the best of my knowledge.

If you're really interested in this, I'd recommend you contact the project team at CA Department of Water Resources and have them send you the DVD that contains the project document (all 34K pages of it), like I did.