Thread: Gary Loomis 9' for #4 IM6

Default Gary Loomis 9' for #4 IM6

It was suggested to me by an employee at Kiene's American Fly Fishing that I post a request for a possible replace or repair on the Loomis rod described in the title. I inherited this rod from my uncle many years ago and treasure it. On a recent trip to Banff, the TSA were checking my rod carrier and broke the tip off. I need to know if there is an original tip ferrule or this section available. Loomis said that they no longer make my rod and parts are not available.

Thank you,

Kent

First, make a claim against the TSA for full replacement value of the rod. Next, find a good rod builder, Kiene's can help you with that. Have him make an internal ferrule and epoxy the two pieces back together. If done properly, the repair will be invisible.

Larry S

From inside the plane, I watched a baggage handler up in Calgary take some of our group's rods out of the plane, put them on a cart, then pile the heavy baggage on top. I found out how heavy those plane windows are - I was literally pounding on it and yelling, but he couldn't (or wouldn't) hear me. BTW, of course one rod tip was broken when we got to our destination. Lack of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by larry sommerfeld View Post
    First, make a claim against the TSA for full replacement value of the rod. Next, find a good rod builder, Kiene's can help you with that. Have him make an internal ferrule and epoxy the two pieces back together. If done properly, the repair will be invisible.

Larry S
    Hello Larry,

Thank you for the advice. I'll visit Kiene's and get a recommendation for a rod builder.

Kent

On the way to Baja this year, I saw the baggage handler throw my Eddie Bauer duffle bag from the cart to the conveyer belt, it rolled off on to the ground, and again he threw the bag on to the belt. Bad thing is his supervisor was standing there talking to him. So much for the f******* airline baggage handlers and TSA.

Call Jim Clarkson at Raptor Rod Works. 530-894-2062. He might be able to help you.

How much of he tip section did you loose?
    Lincoln Gray
    LG'S Fly Fishing Adventures
    530-520-6895
    http://lgflyfishingadventures.com

When IM6 Graphite was popular G.Loomis made blanks for Powell Rod Company.

Jim Clarkson at Raptor Rod might be able to help you.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........