Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern California guided fishing

Default Northern California guided fishing

Hello everyone,
    My Dad informed me that he wanted to go on a fishing trip in August for a couple days, I told him we could go north to Redding and try some rivers and streams up north. I am not very familiar with those rivers but know that my main options would be the Lower and Upper Sac, McCloud, Pit, and various other small creeks. Looking for some advice and opinion about a guide service to book with and a particular river that normally fishes well this time of year. I'm pretty excited as I've never been up there before so just looking for more info before I book something.

Thank you all!

If you are going to do the Lower Sac then I would recommend The Fly Shop guides, I have fished with several of their guides and they are all good. The area above Highway 44 bridge re-opens after August 1st and Shane Kohlbeck is very good up there. If you have specific questions on a particular guide PM.

Although I have never fished with him Craig Neilsen of Shasta Trout is very knowledgeable about the Upper Sac, McCloud. I have attended a couple of his presentations on these rivers and if I was going to to book those areas I would go with him.

Another Guide Service that fishes those areas in Andrew Harris's Confluence Outfitter's. I have fished with them but not on the mentioned rivers. Hope this helps.

Peter Santley also guides for Confluence Outfitters and is a great guy to fish with and knows the river very well. The lower is a very fun river to fish. Big fired up rainbows is a blast!

Thanks for the input, I think ill do one day float down the lower Sac, the second day I was not going to get a guide so if anyone has opinions about either the pit, or lower sac that would be cool.

thank you

Lower Sac I would try to get a seat in Anthony Carruescso's boat, Pit ect John Fochetti

If your thinking of the Pit, the best is Bill Downs. He's worked for several different places over the years but The Pit and Lower Sac are his specialties. He lives in Burney and knows it very well.

My best day ever on the Trinity River was with Bill Downs, he is a great guide to fish with.

The Lower Sac in August is difficult to wade due to the high flows, it can be done just not the optimal time. When the flows drop in October the Lower Sac becomes much more wader friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    Lower sac I would try to get a seat in Anthony carruescso's boat, pit ect john fochetti
    Huge X's 2 on this one here

Another option is guided fishing on Fall River. Very scenic and relaxing. Recommend Art Teter.

Nearby fishing is Hat, Pit, Baum, Lost Creek. Good stay and eats in Burney.

In August I would go up to a higher elevation than Redding......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........