StevenB thanks for the tips last week. Ended up grabbing the last campsite at Sims Flat on Saturday morning. The campgrounds are pretty basic, close to the train tracks and I-5 which makes it perfect for a basecamp to fish from as it is quick to hop on the freeway and head up or down to the various access points.

As for the fishing, it was flat out good times on the Upper Sac. Tough hiking and wading but worth it for water all to myself with relatively consistent action throughout the day. It was my first time tight-line nymphing and I was able to find some success with a rubber legs and red cooper john dropper. That technique sure opens up a lot of water, glad I ditched the indo as most of the guys I talked to using indicators had been skunked.

Saturday late afternoon was pretty prime time, tied on an orange stimulator a couple hours before sunset and had double digit whacks at it with a few landed in 1 run alone. The evening hatch had fish rising everywhere but they weren't pickin' up what i was puttin' down. One of those evenings where I ended up with a wader pouch full of used flies trying to fervently switch it up before it got too dark to see. Still a blast.

Be careful wading out there, ended up in a tough spot and got a little aggressive trying to cross - took a nice dip and flooded the waders. The fishing gods made up for it though, caught what had to have been the most beautiful 12" bow I have ever landed 10 minutes after I dumped out my waders and geared up again.

Hey CW, hope you've kept track of your fly boxes on the Yuba this year, haven't been out there to pick them up in a back eddy for you haha.
-Chris