Thread: Looking for nymphing lesson/help

Default Looking for nymphing lesson/help

I'm enjoying my temporary retirement after having been recently laid off from my job at Intel. The severance package was good and I'm caught up on the honey do's so I have lots of time to relax and fish. Looking for work can wait. I figure now is the time to not only fish but learn a new technique.

My buddies and I do great with dry flies but when the fish don't want to rise we suffer. I'm looking for an instructor/guide/fishing-sage for something like a half-day session. For myself and a friend who was also recently liberated from corporate slavery. I've done high-sticking but would like to learn how to better swing a wet fly, use indicators and cast dropper flies without tangling on every other cast.

Also would appreciate any tips on where to go for day trips. Are the shad still out there? Any local streams calm enough yet?

Dave E

Matt Koles of "gilligans guide service" on the truckee is a bobber ace.

Dave E.

We offer an educational workshop and a full nymphing workshop. Both classes are on the river and you can see them on our website.

The educational workshop is a couple hours long and we cover rigging for both indicator and straight line nymphing. Reading water and demonstration of both tactics.

The nymphing workshop is a all day affair that we are doing with my partner Jon Baiocchi on the Truckee River. It covers everything the educational workshop covers - but we add in tons of one on one time with two different guides.

Both are great. We have one more spot left in the educational workshop for the July 3, 2016 ($56) and I will be placing on our website the next nymph workshop dates shortly. Jon and I are still working on dates.

If you have any questions you can email me or call anytime.

Thanks
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Lance's classes are top notch! I would also recommend Doug Ouellette of CalVada Guide Service. Locally, come into the shop and talk to Phil or Joe of Fish Habit Outfitters.