Thread: Jenkinson Lake

Default Jenkinson Lake

Went camping up at Sly Park this past weekend with my brother and cousin. Only fished on Sunday though. Rained in the morning until 8 AM, went down to the lake around 10 or 11 and the water was pretty warm. Tried a size 12 black spider but couldn't see it because it was overcast and windy which put a lot of chop on the water so tied on a size 8 bright green beetle because it was one of the only things I could see. The wind was making life a bit difficult but was able to make a few good casts and hooked up a good sized smallmouth between submerged trees but lost him when my tippet snapped in half because I just left on the 3.5 lb from my last trip so I took this as a sign to take a break and go back up to the campsite for lunch. Went back down when about an hour later when the wind died down, tied on a bright green hopper and fished some submerged vegetation about 30-40 yards down from the spot I previously hooked up. Made a few casts and hooked up a nice sized smallmouth but it shook free. Managed to hook up and land another smallmouth, about 12-13 inches, so I was pretty stoked because it was my first bass after many attempts. After that the wind picked up again and blew my flies all over the place so I lost a few more flies to the vegetation so I called it quits for the day.

Sounds about right. If it weren't for streamside vegetation, all my flies would last forever!