Thread: Stripping Baskets - The Short and Tall of It

Thumbs up Stripping Baskets - The Short and Tall of It

If you haven't noticed, striper season is in full swing on all of the local rivers. And now we have shad starting in the rivers too. And if you've got a boat that will work in these rivers, you're really set to go.
    For several years now I've been making what every boater needs who fly fish's for these great fish, a Line Management Device. LMD for short, or simply called a stripping basket.
    Fortunately for me Kiene's has chosen to carry these baskets in stock and should have several at the store for those wanting a high end model that won't blow over in the wind or waves.
    Lately, I've been getting deluged with requests for baskets that are just a little non-standard. Some guys want a "custom-cut" side, some guys are over six feet tall and want a taller basket, and recently I've had a couple of requests for a shorter model too. Some of these are for shorter adults, or kids that fish with their dad, or for guys using drift boats that don't want the height of the standard model. Another reason is for guys that fish from their boat and have a small deck but stand on the floor of hull to cast. The shorter basket allows for easier stripping without having to reach quite as high to retrieve line.
    The standard models are by far the best way to go for most folks, and as I said Kiene's has them in stock. But if you think you need something special, just give me a call directly.
    Here is a photo of several recent special orders. And don't forget Father's day next month.

I failed to mention that the basket in the middle is the standard height. The one on the left is just over 30" tall, and the one on the right is 19".
    Tony
    Last edited by Tony Buzolich; 05-05-2016 at 12:22 PM.
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Is that my new gray one Tony?

My Tarpon guide is going to really like that! The buckets they use are really narrow and short. That's perfect for my tall and lanky butt!

Now I need to coordinate some fishing up your way to come pick the bucket up maybe 1/2 day with you??

Thanks!
    James

That's yours James. Stripers are in full swing and shad are going now too. Unfortunately, I'm without a boat till my new axle shows up next week. Poor timing to be on foot.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180