Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 112lbs of trash removed from the Parkway!!!

Default 112lbs of trash removed from the Parkway!!!

Somehow, I managed to con a few people from one of my classes to help me clean up the American River Parkway. After a few hurdles, I was able to get 3 of them to join me today for 3 hours to pick up trash. We started at 0930 at El Manto. To my surprise, the entire area from the parking lot at El Manto all the way down to Ancil Hoffman was relatively clean. The four of us managed to pick up a total of 23lbs of trash. I expected MUCH more! We walked most of the trails and the waterline the entire way picking up any garbage we could find. On the way back, we walked the bike trail collecting anything on the way back to the vehicles. After a quick break and some snacks, I had the group follow me to Paradise Beach in hopes of finding some more trash. JACKPOT!!! The entire area down there was covered in trash. We picked up many bottles, cans, bags, wrappers and large rug. All in all we spent 3 hours actively picking up trash and when we got back to the vehicles we weighed all the bags. The total was 112lbs of garbage that we removed from the parkway in just a few hours. Glad to have left the river and the parkway a little cleaner than it was this morning! If everyone could just pick up a pocketfull of trash every time they were out fishing, we would have a much cleaner river to enjoy!

Last edited by Sheepdog8404; 04-17-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Good going guys!

Thanks Sheepdog + Crew!

You're all very welcome! I was more than happy to be out on the river today cleaning it up for the public. Maybe the steelhead gods will reward my gestures with a fish?!?!

Good karma coming your way for sure!

Send me a PM in September if you want to go out for salmon on the Sac river on my boat... Got a trip saved for you and your trash-collecting buddies.

Best,

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog8404 View Post
    You're all very welcome! I was more than happy to be out on the river today cleaning it up for the public. Maybe the steelhead gods will reward my gestures with a fish?!?!

Nice job. Good mojo heading your way.
    T

Quote Originally Posted by salmonid View Post
    Good karma coming your way for sure!

Send me a PM in September if you want to go out for salmon on the Sac river on my boat... Got a trip saved for you and your trash-collecting buddies.

Best,
    Thank you, Salmonid! PM coming your way.

Very nice...good things coming your way..

Following up...

Mr. Sheepdog is a heck of a great angler and a really nice guy to fish with or... pick up litter with!

He's welcome on my boat anytime. No pics to share, but we did get to play with some fish today.

Good luck in your studies, buddy,

+1 solid guy and thanks for serving our country! Fish on brother....