Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where To Look?

Ya, it's that rain that worries me. In my house it's not a big deal but in a 32' RV, well it's a different beast. I think I might try for the position if the wifes agreeable. Can't be that much worse then northern California, right? Did you catch any fish up there?
    Last edited by Idadon; 04-28-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Have no idea of present status, but this a great location on the Klamath for July (salmon) Aug (halfpounders) Sept- Oct (steelies). It is about 7 miles downriver from Orleans and 5 miles upriver from Weitchpec. From there to confluence with Trinity is an easy float with lots of good holes and little fishing pressure.

The old Bluff Creek Company Store (Bluff Creek Resort). it was neglected for years, bought by the Yurok tribe in 2015 and has been (is being?) renovated. There are several RV sites with full hookup. It is short walk from one of the best steelhead/salmon holes on the river and longer walk to Aitkens Flat and several other good holes. They do not have a website, but are on Facebook, so the RV rates could be low? I'd get some pictures and if they are still doing construction.

Fish Lake and couple of smaller lakes are within 5 miles.

Bluff Creek Resort?? I found it on FB but when I looked up Bluff Creek on Google Earth I found nothing. I can see the creek where it joins the Klamath but nothing of a resort. Nice area though!

Quote Originally Posted by Idadon View Post
    Bluff Creek Resort?? I found it on FB but when I looked up Bluff Creek on Google Earth I found nothing. I can see the creek where it joins the Klamath but nothing of a resort. Nice area though!
    it is couple miles downriver from Bluff Creek, about mile south of Aitkens Flats/Creek Campground...on the river side on Hwy 96 across from where Bluff Creek Road and Old State Highway intersect with Highway 96. Never was much of a resort, was only a few cabins and RV spaces plus a little store... Bluff Creek Country Store had some connection to some famous pictures of Bigfoot near there many years ago.

Maybe some one who has been there in past year can tell you the status.

I would be concerned as to what the Yuroks are doing-- is it for seasonal RVs or are there permanent trailers for tribal members? There is Klamath Riverside RV Park in Orleans, but it sells out a year or more in advance. Lots of guides stay there.
    Last edited by JayDubP; 04-30-2016 at 10:36 AM.

I found what I think might be Bluff Creek Resort on Google Earth. Looks like a really nice place but when I showed it to the wife she felt it might to remote for her. To far to good shopping, was her comment. Oh well! If we're not hooked up by late fall, and regulations haven't closed fishing down, might head there for a week or two if they are open.