Please STOP! What a complete and total overreaction! Seriously, I grew up fishing more than 100 days a year on the east coast saltwater fisheries...and I rarely saw a striped bass/rockfish. The population was all but wiped out for most of my childhood and adolescence. The striped bass recovery is a great lesson in fisheries management!

Sure, things may need to be tweaked...but the drama and frankly utter BS of your post and article are just that...BS. Slow Motionn Collapse...give me a break. Show concern when the numbers show a dip...but this is nonsense. The numbers today are so far from what they were for a couple of decades...I just have to shake my head.

What is your reason for posting such nonsense? If you want action to tweak the fisheries management that brought about the greatest resurrection of a species in this countries history...great...but please don't act like the world is ending...it isn't...it almost did long ago...but it is in fact still in great shape compared to where it was.

#FACTS