Thread: A couple local streams.

Default A couple local streams.

Sugar Creek in Jessamine County,Kentucky.A great stream to wade in the summer for bluegill,Crappie and smallmouth bass.

Dix River in Lancaster Kentucky.Another great smallmouth stream.

Josh

Default KY Streams....

Good looking waters. Now I have an idea how murky the water is back there, I'd stick to flies that's darker in color and consider adding a small spinner or propellor to the fly to create some action.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

This may be blasphemy to some, but a packet of shad darts would be money on bream, and may of the smallest size spoons are easily cast on a fly rod. Already have any of those? I cast a small dick nite, daredevil, and even the smallest kastmaster regularly with a fly rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    Good looking waters. Now I have an idea how murky the water is back there, I'd stick to flies that's darker in color and consider adding a small spinner or propellor to the fly to create some action.
    When i fished it with spinning gear i would use dark or bright colored rooster tail bait's and do great.I would guess the spinner helped.The streams are clear most of the time.Just happened to take these pic's after a good rain spell.
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    This may be blasphemy to some, but a packet of shad darts would be money on bream, and may of the smallest size spoons are easily cast on a fly rod. Already have any of those? I cast a small dick nite, daredevil, and even the smallest kastmaster regularly with a fly rod.
    I do have both these.I used the darts under a float when crappie fishing but never have used them in these streams.I have used the kastmasters here with spinning gear and they were great.Also have some other tiny spoons that do well.Never would have thought of using them on a fly rod.
    Josh

It is not for everyone, as I have been reminded a couple of times, but the benefit is that you don't have to reel all the way in before recasting.

Years ago, when I was a teenager, I used Super-Dupers for Crappie in Clear Lake. I ended up one day with one treble buried in my earlobe and one in my shirt collar. Tough to row a boat that way! My suggestion is to pull off the treble and put on a single hook. Maybe, just maybe, you might not hurt yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Idadon View Post
    Years ago, when I was a teenager, I used Super-Dupers for Crappie in Clear Lake. I ended up one day with one treble buried in my earlobe and one in my shirt collar. Tough to row a boat that way! My suggestion is to pull off the treble and put on a single hook. Maybe, just maybe, you might not hurt yourself.
    Ouch.Thanks for the tip.
    Josh