Thread: Christmas

Default Christmas

If there is a Christmas season for bass fishing it has to be the spring. Especially for the fly rodder because the bass are in close to the shore and reachable with the fly which most of the year they are not. If you are not into bass you don't care about this. If you are into bass and believe there is a fishing Santa Claus, you know the big jolly man has bestowed a great gift upon us and that it should be enjoyed while it is here. A great gift that comes once a year and does not last long. Lots of other things are happening now as well. Ridiculous turkeys strutting around, lizards on the move and flowers going crazy. Great time of year. Merry Christmas.

That place is gorgeous right now. You can find shallow fish well into summer there especially when it is full like now.
    Love the pictures

I went through Davis the other day on #113 and saw turkeys everywhere as I headed north. Severeal dead ones in the road too.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Again, the late Captain Kevin Doran told us that May was his favorite month for topwater Large Mouth Bass in the Delta.

If you have not done it before get with a Delta top water fly fishing skiff guide like Captain Bryce Tedford or Captain Andy Guibord.

The old-timers LMB guys in Florida say our bass season is December through June.

I have a neighbor fishing friend who is a top conventional bass guide and he told me that for top water bass

he likes April/May here in Florida and it is a "wide-open bite right now.

The most popular new LMB lake in America is near me and is called Headwaters Lake.

The trouble is the inshore and brackish water fishing is really good in April/May too.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

HO, HO, HO! Nice turkey pic!