Thread: Delta Petition

Default Delta Petition

https://www.change.org/p/blumenfeld-...edium=copylink

Lets give it a signature, huh guys.

Then Restore The Delta must have been hacked. They are the ones endorsing it

If I was wrong and got duped then I would like to know. Thought I was helping with this one.

Anyone have the facts?

I can get a little trigger happy sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Spicytuna1 View Post
    If I was wrong and got duped then I would like to know. Thought I was helping with this one.

Anyone have the facts?

I can get a little trigger happy sometimes
    It is a legitimate petition. If you're worried about the "Change.Org. site then go here directly to Restore the Delta's web site and sign on there... http://restorethedelta.org/tell-epa-...gently-needed/
    Once you sign it will take you to "Change.Org" website and ask you if you want to donate to sponsor sending the message out to more folks. If you don't want to just ignore that page and turn off your web browser or go to some other of your "favorite pages" you won't get any spam. Besides that, what is a minor risk when it comes to helping save your fisheries??

Mike
    Last edited by Mike McKenzie; 02-11-2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spellin'

Mike,

Thank you very much for confirming that for me, I really appreciate it.

I have issues taking sides with one bunch of farmers against another bunch of farmers. North v South. "Restore the Delta" what does that even mean? restore it to its 100% natural state? restore it to what it was 20 years ago? 50 years ago? remove non-native introduced species that predate on Delta Smelt and juvenile salmon?

This is not about fish. Salmon are not dying in the delta, they are dying in our rivers below dams because there isn't enough cold water to release at critical times of the year.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I have issues taking sides with one bunch of farmers against another bunch of farmers. North v South. "Restore the Delta" what does that even mean? restore it to its 100% natural state? restore it to what it was 20 years ago? 50 years ago? remove non-native introduced species that predate on Delta Smelt and juvenile salmon?

This is not about fish. Salmon are not dying in the delta, they are dying in our rivers below dams because there isn't enough cold water to release at critical times of the year.
    I don't think you know what you're talkin' about. Do some research. Since the late 60's 0ur fish (salmon smolts among them) are and have been killed by the millions at the water export pumps or dying "in the Delta" because they've all been pulled out of their normal migratory corridors by the pumps. The reason there's no cold water pool behind the Dams is because it was sent down to the South/West side of the San Joaquin Valley desert for Corporate Ag welfare queens.

Mike