Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handgun cary with Waders

Default Handgun cary with Waders

I'm looking for some of your personal carry rigs, either concealed or exposed while wearing waders. I normally carry exposed when wet wading in the summer. But for the colder months, I have yet to find a good, efficient rig/method to carry with my waders. If you're uncomfortable responding to this post, for obvious reasons, I would be more than happy to keep any PM's confidential and between the member and myself ONLY.

Tight Lines,
    Gary
    Last edited by Sheepdog8404; 02-02-2016 at 03:35 PM.

I have the Diamond D chest holster for both my .357 Ruger gp100 and .454 super RedHawk Alaskan. Love it. Very comfortable p

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I carry all the time. I carry a chiefs special S & W stainless steel 357 mag. I usually carry by just placing it in my wader pocket. It fits and is easily accessible.

I have seen the rigs that Wells and Bill have posted the link on. They are great. It matters on what size of firearm you are carrying. Usually a 357 the biggest you need in California.

Make sure you are following all the laws. It's still a felony carry a firearm. I know there are FGW statues. Be careful. I would recommend a CCW just to CYA.

My thoughts
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

Thanks for the replies. I cant get that Diamond D site to work but I am slightly familiar with Taylor's rig. Seems like they are more suited for revolvers. I am more concerned with carrying my Glock 22 or 23 for 2 legged critters. They are more of a threat where I fish than the lions, tigers and bears.

Lance, I am familiar with the laws and although CA penal code 12027(G) covers us fishermen for carrying, you are correct about the CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog8404 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I cant get that Diamond D site to work but I am slightly familiar with Taylor's rig. Seems like they are more suited for revolvers. I am more concerned with carrying my Glock 22 or 23 for 2 legged critters. They are more of a threat where I fish than the lions, tigers and bears.

Lance, I am familiar with the laws and although CA penal code 12027(G) covers us fishermen for carrying, you are correct about the CCW.
    You need to know that many law enforcement officers are not aware of the penal code - I have seen people that has spent a lot of money and tons of bullsh^t in court do to it. I would strongly - I mean strongly recommend people getting the CCW. It will solve many problems.

As for the weapon of choice. I would look at a self defense rather than an offense handgun. It may help in unforeseen lawsuits and civil manners. I know - I am full of bad news - but trust me I seen it go bad for people that are law following citizens that run into a issue. My thoughts
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

How exactly do you differentiate a "self defense" handgun from an "offensive" handgun?

As a veteran, CCW holder and a firearms and shooting instructor I am more than aware of the legal and civil ramifications regarding the use of lethal force. Probably more aware than 95% of the people you are going to talk to about the subject. You're preaching to the quire here. Regardless of what MAY happen in court, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

I don't mean to turn this into a pissing match so Lets bring this back to the original topic of methods of carrying while using waders. Whether it be concealed or exposed.

Not to get off track again but is it so bad out in California that you need to carry a pistol? In Southeastern Idaho and Western Montana I sometimes carry bear spray but it's for Bears not bad people (however I think it would work pretty good on bad guys too). Not sure I would go fishing somewhere I felt threatened by bad guys. Or at least it would be a group activity if I did.

Idadon. as one of the states with the most strict firearms laws, we have a MAJOR portion of our population walking around unarmed. If you were a bad guy, would you want to try to rob, rape and murder where the gun laws are dismal or where they are so plentiful that many people are incapable of carrying a firearm? The issue is that gun laws aren't creating a safer community at all, not for law abiding citizens anyway. But for the bad guys, it is MUCH safer. Sorry to get a little political on here but it's the reality of where we live.

Carrying a gun to protect yourself is a RIGHT (see 2nd amendment). Its like car insurance... Rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!