In the last post I mentioned the 575 gr Rio Skagit Flight, which has now shuffled off this mortal coil, but without presenting data. For a reason. It's pretty well known the Flight didn't have the greatest reputation for turning over big tips. [Thus that mortal coil thing.] Maybe if we define a "Skagit" to be the "Rio Flight", a "Scandi body" is, indeed, like a skagit?

Well, in the figure below, the top compares the "scandi body" with the "skagit flight". These two are starting to look a little closer, but, they are still noticeable different. But what about the SA scandi -- which didn't have as pronounced a taper as the Rio "scandi body"? That's in the bottom part of the figure. Gosh......that's spooky close. Which is skagit, which is scandi, what do these terms mean here?

To be clear, in my opinion this comparison mostly illustrates what an atypical taper, for what most people expect out of a Skagit head, the Flight was. Is it fair to say the Flight qualified as a Skagit mostly by virtue of being sold without a tip? Or by virtue of being more skagit-like than its Rio-scandi stable sibling?

In any case these comparisons show how much modern fly lines designs can converge. And this is far from the only example I've found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sk_flight.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	11660