Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck naked

Smile Buck naked

I fished last Thursday for 7 hours without a grab. Still had a great time steelheading with my friend Blane. It seems, when I fish with him, we see something unusual. This day we saw a man in his thirties on the far bank strip buck naked into the cold winter air. Bare footed he stumbled over the cobble stones and then proceeded to swim numbly across stream. He stepped out onto the bank just up stream from us and sat in the cold on some large rocks. Propped on one arm, elbow against his knee, his chin rested on the back of his hand. He looked like Rodin's bronze sculpture, the Thinker. What was this nut thinking??? This dude was not any where near bronze colored except perhaps around his bung hole. He was naked white as snow. He then got up, jewels and pistol hanging in the chilly wind, climbed up our bank and disappeared down the bicycle trail.

Sounds like a mind that has been fried through many years of drug use... Hope he didn't run off into the bushes and become hypothermic! With the recent weather and how cold the water is, hypothermia would set in FAST after a stunt like that.

Urban fishing, I presume?

Trolling for salmon on the Sac river you see lots of drifters/homeless/bums taking a bath in the river. Bathing in the river during winter steelhead season sounds chilly!

Sounds like a real numb nuts! ��

TMI Andrew.

Sounds like Watt avenue? A friend of mine at work is married to a park ranger and she said that Watt avenue is a male prostitution hang out for Men on men encounters. She even said it was on Craigslist , which then the Rangers did a sting operation and one of the Rangers got groped

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    Sounds like Watt avenue? A friend of mine at work is married to a park ranger and she said that Watt avenue is a male prostitution hang out for Men on men encounters. She even said it was on Craigslist , which then the Rangers did a sting operation and one of the Rangers got groped
    Thats funny you said that. I had a run in with the rangers about a year ago and they stopped me and checked my drivers licensee, ran my vehicle, and asked why I was fishing this section of the river specifically. I told them I was just fishing and it seemed like they wouldn't just let me go without more questions and private conversations on the radio. It all seemed kind of weird until I asked if there was a problem. That is when they told me about this hangout.

Pretty annoying that they would call me out of the river with waders on and switch rod in hand and doubt that I was telling them the truth when I told them I was just fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kranhold View Post
    I can attest to this Mark! Hahaha! A friend of mine that's also a member here saw some action before at Watt area. Crazy Hahahaha!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Okay okay I'm busted. I'd shot an easy 150 foot double haul clear across the river and into the brush on the other side. It was my last fly, and it was working like crazy. So what was I supposed to do, just let it go? Would you? So I stripped down, swam across and got it back. Then I was feeling kind of numb so I sat awhile on a rock to warm back up. After I'd warm'd back up it was clear that the fish had stopped biting so I just left. Maybe you bunch of pussies just don't want to catch steelies as bad as others.
    Or I could be pulling your leg.
    But I have stripped down and swam for a quail that my dog didn't mark in the water. It was maybe worse than this, as the water was muddier than hell and it was raining.
    Swim naked in the winter my friends, at least once in your lives.
    You can't call yourself an outdoorsman if you don't.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

This guy was not bathing. He abandoned his clothes on the far bank and disappeared down the bike trail.