Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Truckee, CA.

This is terrible, but I've lived here now for 27 yrs and never fished the Truckee. We'll this year it gonna happen and my new Sage One 906-4 will be christen there.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

Quote Originally Posted by k9mark View Post
    This is terrible, but I've lived here now for 27 yrs and never fished the Truckee. We'll this year it gonna happen and my new Sage One 906-4 will be christen there.
    Don't get frustrated if you're not sticking fish after fish, it's not generally a river you catch high numbers on, especially if you're new to it. Think quality over quantity.
    My little fishing/fly tying blog- http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan LeCount View Post
    Don't get frustrated if you're not sticking fish after fish, it's not generally a river you catch high numbers on, especially if you're new to it. Think quality over quantity.
    Dan is right. It can be humbling. But when its on and you hook into a rocket there is nothing like it on the west coast. At least my opinion. Plus a lot of good family trips and friends in that area which I factor in. So, get out there and give it a whirl. I would recommend hiring one of the fabulous guides their locally if you've never fished it. That is how I learned at first and then it was practice, practice, practice....

Kienes did sound advertising out for the 16th parking lot sale. Should be fun!

Also, Friday before the opener (april 29) at Coyote Bar and Grill in Truckee 11th annual fishmas eve by TU103. 7-9pm. Had a great time last year and even walked away with some cool prizes. See you there.

Thanks for the plug Chris, should be a good time!

Working on a fly rod for the raffle as we speak.
    My little fishing/fly tying blog- http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    Dan is right. It can be humbling. But when its on and you hook into a rocket there is nothing like it on the west coast. At least my opinion. Plus a lot of good family trips and friends in that area which I factor in. So, get out there and give it a whirl. I would recommend hiring one of the fabulous guides their locally if you've never fished it. That is how I learned at first and then it was practice, practice, practice....

Kienes did sound advertising out for the 16th parking lot sale. Should be fun!

Also, Friday before the opener (april 29) at Coyote Bar and Grill in Truckee 11th annual fishmas eve by TU103. 7-9pm. Had a great time last year and even walked away with some cool prizes. See you there.
    Ill have to see if I can work that event into my schedule.
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

We hunt fish here, not just go fishing........
    If you seek a higher level of play........this be the place.

But when it all comes together.......it will be worth it.

I'm not trying to hover near the top of the page.
    So, maybe not reply to posts I make. Let it scroll down the page, and I'll just update the report, without bumping it up.
    That way it will be fresh and usable, but hopefully not annoying.
    I appreciate the views of course.....it's gratifying that some people can use the info provided....

A fifty yard dash fish in these flows....a little while later he had one rip line and disappear.

The menu is expanding, so use some imagination...one piece of advice...don't fish the same thing all the time....
    You are just training fish what not to eat, and how we do it. Keep them guessing for best results.
    Have fun out there.......

Jim
    Last edited by bigfly; 04-28-2016 at 06:29 AM.

And remember the cardinal rule, when things get too frustrating, stop, take that cold one out of your pack and enjoy the sights and sounds of the river for a brief refresher. I find the suds to be amazingly refreshing at getting me fired up to continue throwing on a slow day.

The T is a great river. It has so many different looks from fishing right in town,all along down to Nevada. Sometimes it's game on, and sometimes it's scratch 'em out time. It's similar to golf, sometimes you hit them square, sometimes you don't.