I awoke this morning to high winds and rain and the American River colored from run-off ( love it....steelhead weather). To anyone interested, I am beginning steelhead instruction and guiding on the American river for the 2016 season. Single or two handed techniques, swinging and or indicator nymphing, will be the subject of your personally taylored lessons. Also seminars for two or more anglers or clubs can be arranged. I am available Monday through Thursday which are the days I am not working at the fly shop. Private lessons, one on one, are $60 an hour. Lessons are one to four hours in duration.
Maybe you are a veteran steelheader and just want to learn the runs or wish for a tune-up before you head to the Coast or B.C., or perhaps you are a beginner or just curious. I would love to work with you and share 20 plus years of fishing the American River. New potential guiding clients can call: 1 (800) 410 -1222, and ask for Phill White or Joe Vasquez, owners of Fish Habit Outfitters for available guide trips. I can be reached at (916) 849-1529 for casting or possible seminars. Thanks for looking. Tight lines and Happy New Year.