Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I went to Sailor Bar yesterday

Default So I went to Sailor Bar yesterday

I don't make it to the A much but it was muddier with crap floating around- low and murky as opposed to the low and clear that I was expecting. What is the skinny? It seemed to look to me like a river does when flows are increased.

People were catching fish. Me not so much. Heck I even put the long rod away and got out the bait caster and Little Cleos-blasphemy! Is the murkiness the normal condition this time of year?

Hey John, I was at the bar today for all of about 20 minutes. There were about 10 guys fishing the run... made it crowded with these low flows and skinny water. I noticed the same water conditions and my guess is that since the flows haven't changed, we are probably getting all that junk in the water from Lake Natomas. I assume that it's finally turning over and bringing all that silt on the bottom up and suspending it throughout the lake, therefore giving us the dirty water conditions in the lower river. I could be completely wrong but that's my best guess. Hopefully all the gunk will settle soon and we will have clear water soon.

The dirty water is from Folsom, as it raised close to 10% over the last couple of weeks.
    The one thing that is nice about it is that it makes it harder for all of the liners at lower sailor to sight fish and take turns hooking the same fish over and over.

John, did you get the TR ? Yes the river has been stained a bit , I don't venture up to sailor bar much but it sounds like it is dirtier up there then mid river. The stain in the water mid river is actually perfect in my book! Low and clear is tough, but a little color in the water is key! Give me a shout when you come down again, lets fish!

Folsom Lake went from 12% to 22% full in short order.

PLUS, Folsom would in a typical year be 50% full.

When runoff comes in to a half full reservoir, it dilutes by the time it leaves the Nimbus spillway and empties in to our river.

This year, the low volume in Folsom does not add enough settled, clean water to allow that.

Fish the edges... and strip back slowly~

Thanks guys for the info. Sailor is the closest access for me because I can come in on Sierra college blvd.
    Mark, yep got the tr- great rod! Have you fished the sage?

PS, Steelies, I noticed a code change on my Steelhead card... Might you go for a name change or are you gonna run what you brung?

This El Nino event is going to really flush out the river and push some bright chrome up... Or is that wishful thinking. In any event lots of H20 coming up the valley and snow in the mountains over next 10 days. You gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    This El Nino event is going to really flush out the river and push some bright chrome up... Or is that wishful thinking. In any event lots of H20 coming up the valley and snow in the mountains over next 10 days. You gotta love it.
    Well find me, and fish up from me. With all the flailing and stumbling around I do I'm sure I'll push 'em right up to you!

John , your inbox is full.