Thread: If you want to understand why salmon are getting decimated. It's not the drought.

Default If you want to understand why salmon are getting decimated. It's not the drought.

This was predicted by the precursor to CA DFG(DFW). This was predicted in a state paper document my friend has that predates 1940.

Excellent article.

http://m.eastbayexpress.com/oakland/...wFullText=true

I walked down to the river at Ancil Hoffman Park this morning and on my way out, I stopped in to the Effie Yeaw Nature Center.

In their exhibit room, I noticed a fairly-well-done, 3D exhibit on Chinook salmon illustrating their life cycle. As I read through the text, I came to the "Chinook Challenges" section which detailed the many perils salmon face in their struggle to successfully spawn and survive on the American and other Rivers.

Dams
    Pollution
    Habitat loss
    Non-native predators

NO MENTION of water diversion was ever made...!

and these are the folks on our side of the protect our fisheries equation....

I was sad and angered that a place which is supposed to be the caretakers and messengers of and for our parkway were/are either:
    A) blinded by the BIG-AG lies or
    B) too afraid to take a political stance for fear of reprisal.

I worked as a naturalist at Effie Yeaw and at the Nimbus Hatchery 2 decades ago and I support their mission as a member of ARNHA but I will need to speak with them about their lack of reality regarding WHY salmon, steelhead and most all our fisheries are in decline.

Si ergo qui non?

Good read. Thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by STEELIES/26c3 View Post

NO MENTION of water diversion was ever made...!

What you talking about Steelie we gotts plenty of wata!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"