Thread: Somewhat Successful on the Klamath

Default Somewhat Successful on the Klamath

My son and I fished the Klamath last weekend. Saturday morning we noted only one guide boat on the Irongate section, so decided to drift this stretch. There was no reason to start early as the temperature was in the low 30's! We got on the river about 11:00 AM, and fished all of the normal spots with very limited success. Only a handful on half-pounders.

Sunday we fished the section from the Copco Road bridge down to I-5. (Note that despite what some maps show, there is no boat ramp at the takeout). The inflatable kayak solves that problem. Anyways, we found a school of half-pounders, and drifted that section until we tired of the fun. As we drifted lower, we landed more half-pounders and two larger fish, one shown here. Can't show the other fish, as the net operator botched the operation. My son will forgive me, some day.

Not sure why Sunday fished better, it could have been the stretch of river, or the slightly warmer temps, who knows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-11-29 12.13.24.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	11460

Nice work Bruce! Glad to hear someone is getting into the fish. Seems like it has been a rough year for everyone... with the exception of Gordon L...

Sounds like a good trip.

Any fish is better than staying home!

Looks like you had fun!

Ramp is dirt just above I-5 bridge.

Andy

Nice, did that run a few weeks ago and went further down, had better results the lower we went.

The ramp at the I5 bridge isn't much, steep and narrow. Love it up there, been fishing up there forever and still have no problem finding places I haven't fished and few people.