Thread: A dry fly breakthrough

Default A dry fly breakthrough

This year I decided to concentrate on dry flies for trout again. It was all started on the Yuba many years ago. Early in the season I would hike as far upstream as possible to fish for the giants on dry flies. Back then you were looked down upon if you were out there with an indicator. Anyways there was always talk of pink flies that caught lots of fish. This year early from february to april the pinkies were out in abundance. I developed this emerger and it worked great. In smaller sizes and in yellow or light pink it will imitate a pmd. Inspired by Harrop. Best fished in tailouts below riffles. When you hook a fish hold your rod up and let it run….
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2190.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	11447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2183.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	11446  

Neat fly! Seems like you've got the hatch matched with that little bugger. Keep slayin those pigs!

Tom Page at Reel Anglers Fly Shop has a similar pattern in his bins that work great!!

Tom Page is great guy I remember a few years ago before he opened the shop sharing a run with him and his clients. His clients were sticking fish on one side of the river while I was catching fish on the other side. I saw on his website he also has another fly called a Yuba Pinky that is a parachute.
    Working on a new skwala dry. CDC and moose hair with orange, yellow and olive dubbing. No rubber legs on this one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2592.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	11506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2328.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	11507  

that's a great looking skwala. i bet it will be a very successful tie!