Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SUV In the Trinity, Anyone know about this?

Doh! Man o man
    There is a fine line between fishing and standing there like an idiot!

How long after the incident was that picture taken? I'm surprised the lights are still functioning.

I pulled over at Lone Pine once, my truck was perpendicular to the road and cliff, door open, running, stick in neutral. As Im looking down at the water I notice my truck is creeping right at the edge of the cliff. As flashes of death-stuck-in-truck-going-over-cliff go through my mind I freakin karate kick into the drivers side wheel well, land right on the brake and stop the truck like 4 inches from the edge. Swear my skid plate and front bumper were over the edge. Other than the 30' and 100' plummets Ive taken over the sides of cliffs on fishing trips that was one of my scariest moments....

Darrin- my condolences but accidents happen. Just reinforces what you tell clients, respect the river and respect Mother Nature.

She is called "Mother" Nature for a reason... you can never really figure her out, you never know what today's rules are, and you never know when she will act totally out of character.

MidCurrent got a hold of this via Field and Stream. Did not realize that 15 minutes of fame comes at a price for some.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...-trinity-river

Quote Originally Posted by gitt View Post
    MidCurrent got a hold of this via Field and Stream. Did not realize that 15 minutes of fame comes at a price for some.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...-trinity-river
    ....salt rubbed into the wounds....
    "...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have heroes..."

If the emergency brake was set and the vehicle was in park, I would be contacting the car manufacturer and the people that worked on your brakes. One thing failing is understandable, two things failing isn't.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by k9mark View Post
    ....salt rubbed into the wounds....
    I'll say. Sorry Darrin. To hell with Field & Stream. Those J-Holes probably barely fish three days a year.