Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lower Yuba report 11/15

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Was that you in the silver truck? This was probably the fish! Did you see many salmon down there? Seem to be fewer moving around from what I could tell.
    Yes, that was me. In fact, my plan "A" was to fish the same spot, but I drove by while you guys were gearing up!

I saw only a handful of salmon downstream. Not many, just one small group in the side channel.

My brother and I got out on Tuesday. The morning was pretty nasty with the storm that passed through. We spent the first couple hours we were there hunkered down waiting out the down pour. The storm finally passed around noon and once it did, the bite was on. For about an hour or so we were getting takes on every 4-5 casts. Fish were lovin the olive S&Ms and FB PT's. Had a nice run in with a 19" rainbow that fought me like a 30". After the first hour or so the bite really slowed. I was expecting a BWO hatch to come off at some point in the late afternoon with the overcast weather but it never came. Still some salmon in the system but definitely not as many as a couple weeks ago. Had no takes on the eggs.

Egg bite still going. Got 5 today from 8:30 to noonish, 4 of which came on the egg behind active redds. The other fish grabbed a rubber legs. Fished to some finicky risers for awhile but nothing doing even on 6x with every bwo pattern I had in the box, plus midges.

You just inspired me to not work again this week haha.

I might be out there for a couple hours tomorrow (Monday) afternoon if you want to meet up Gregg.

Was actually thinking of cruising out there. Will shoot you a PM, would love to connect and fish a bit.

Great to meet up today Gregg. Since you had the hot hand I'll let you write up the report, just don't divulge my spots!

That spot will go to the grave with me haha. That might be the best and most consistent / solid fishing I've done in a long time. Something like 10-12 fish to hand, all from 16-20" and strong, 4 of them coming back to back to back to back...4 casts, 4 fish (3 to the net, one of them pretty much laughed at my #5 and took off after a couple jumps), all in the same pocket.

PV still took the day with a solid slab in a piece of water you wouldn't expect to find a fish like that.

Thanks again for connecting and showing me a stretch of water I hadn't been on yet, looking forward to doing it again!

I was the guy in the toon that stopped Monday. He was on fire!! That is a great run I have fished for years.