Hi All.. My name is Mark. I am a new resident to Sacto region - having moved 'back' down from Portland OR. Anyhows -- I venture north from Sac to Oroville on Sunday afternoon - to get out of town and see if a 9 weight fly rod 'really' could successfully bring in a stealy. I've never even fished for Stealhead - so be kind please, ima crome virgin I suppose.

Crossed river on 162 - drove to fist riffle section (just as you enter the gravel road). Lots of half-dying salmon splashing about (counted maybe 15-20) - and I was lucky not to hook one of those. Fished for 1.5 hours.

I did hook what I THINK was a stealhead -- it soft-grabbed my pink-egg/nymph combo -- i set and WOW -- it lasted all of 10 seconds before the 4x broke - but what a 10 seconds that was. I understand the addiction now. The angler next to me tried to coach me..but I couldn't really hear anything he was saying. Still, I think my rainbow-rig was no match -- any thoughts.

The section was not crowded - counted 5 anglers total.

I may go up this coming weekend - 31st or 1st -- if anyone wishes to join me - please write back.

Mark K