Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My go to steelhead nymph

Idadob: Fishing it under an indicator with the top fly a glo bug and this trailing about 18" below

gordon.
    you nymph under an indicator with a two hand rod, right>? In some post I saw you mentioned you caught one on the swing... does that mean you just let that indo rig swing out, or was that spey? just curious. hoping to get up there again... chose the trinity this year in october but wasn't much going on. one adult, couple half pounders, and two silvers in two days for three guys.
    Jim

He actually uses a indicator like when fishing a single hand rod, and swings to... Both produce fish but on the swing you really feel that take!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Big Jim: Use the pictured nymph under an indicator using a two handed rod. Top fly is a glo bug and 18" below is this nymph. Once the salmon are gone then swing with a two handed rod and this is my favorite swinging pattern.

You caught silvers in the Trin? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    gordon.
    you nymph under an indicator with a two hand rod, right>? In some post I saw you mentioned you caught one on the swing... does that mean you just let that indo rig swing out, or was that spey? just curious. hoping to get up there again... chose the trinity this year in october but wasn't much going on. one adult, couple half pounders, and two silvers in two days for three guys.
    Jim