Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help on fishing lower yuba....

Default help on fishing lower yuba....

Hey everyone, tomorrow I'm going to give the lower yuba a shot, it will be my first time fishing this river and I'm just curious as to where exactly to fish. I've read it's good at daguerre dam but I'm just wondering do they mean from englebright to daguerre or daguerre and lower? I know your not supposed to ask a man directions to his favorite fishing spot but again I've never fished this river, just looking for a general area. Any help would be appreciated

dagguerre dam is 6 miles downstream of the highway 20 crossing. it's basically the western end of the trout zone, because below that there are stripers that will eat the trout. sure you'll find trout below dagguerre but not in the same numbers. dagguerre has a fish ladder that allows salmon and steelhead upstream. stripers won't go up a ladder.

north/east (upstream) of highway 20, the river is currently closed to fishing to protect spawning salmon.

one of the more popular access points is Hammon Grove Park on highway 20, about 4 miles downstream of the bridge.

Thank you pv, I appreciate the help.

Thank you matt, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by jerole1978 View Post
    Hey everyone, tomorrow I'm going to give the lower yuba a shot, it will be my first time fishing this river and I'm just curious as to where exactly to fish. I've read it's good at daguerre dam but I'm just wondering do they mean from englebright to daguerre or daguerre and lower? I know your not supposed to ask a man directions to his favorite fishing spot but again I've never fished this river, just looking for a general area. Any help would be appreciated

How'd it go?
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

I'm interested how it went as well! Anyone been out there lately? I'd imagine the egg bite is shaping up nicely....

to be honest, my best days on the egg were the two weekends before Halloween. some guy stopped yesterday morning to brag to me that he had caught double digits in under 2 hours of fishing. not sure i believe it, but if it's true good for him. i fished from 7 to 11 and caught 4.

I went last week and I didn't get a bite, but then again I'm still a beginner. I saw for other guys around and from the sound of it I think they might have got a bite or two. One bit of good news is that I did see salmon climbing the river. This was before the storm hit also so maybe the rain woke everything up.

Sorry one more thing, I did read that some guides are doing great on the lower yuba so it might be they just weren't biting that day