Thread: RIO Redfish Line(RIO Bonefish Quickshooter) 8 Weight 50 bucks BRAND NEW

Default RIO Redfish Line(RIO Bonefish Quickshooter) 8 Weight 50 bucks BRAND NEW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redfish box.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	11235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redfish line.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	11236

According to the RIO people the redfish and the bonefish quickshooter are the exact same line. This one is brand new and has never left the spool. 8 weight Thanks for looking.

This line is no longer for sale. Too much contradictory information. I'd rather just give it away to a friend.
    Last edited by Kenny; 10-03-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Pm sent on Redfish Line
    Gary

Good buying here but know that they're not the same line.Rio's website had incorrect info when the QS was released, and many like me bought one.I took mine to C.I.and hated it,that's because it's more like a shooting head with it's thin running line.The QS has the same profile as the Redfish but with a shorter 30' head, and the same grain weight over that length as the Redfish has over 35 feet
    so behaves differently, and I struggled in short with the QS.Nonetheless a good line, but I would use an 8wt.QS on a 6 or 7wt.rod and also suggest that it's a better line with bigger flies.
    Cheers

As an aside, "dynaflow" does truly know the Saltwater game.

Good Luck,

Bob

Thanks for the kind comment Bob,but there are many on this Forum who've forgotten more about fly fishing than I've ever learned!
    Cheers
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflow View Post
    Good buying here but know that they're not the same line.Rio's website had incorrect info when the QS was released, and many like me bought one.I took mine to C.I.and hated it,that's because it's more like a shooting head with it's thin running line.The QS has the same profile as the Redfish but with a shorter 30' head, and the same grain weight over that length as the Redfish has over 35 feet
    so behaves differently, and I struggled in short with the QS.Nonetheless a good line, but I would use an 8wt.QS on a 6 or 7wt.rod and also suggest that it's a better line with bigger flies.
    Cheers
    Just repeated what the RIO professional told me on the phone. Anyway it's a Redfish line for sale but bonefish won't know the difference! I ended up using the same line in 9 weight on an 8 weight rod so I agree that over lining works and that this line will work on a 6, 7, or 8wt rod. BRAND NEW 50 bucks.

No disrespect intended Kenny and the price is right! good luck with the sale mate .Like I said,the QS is a good line.
    My two favourite lines over some years of Bonefishing are still the Rio Redfish and the Rio Bonefish...neither of which need uplining btw.
    Cheers

I can only offer an unequivocal apology to Forumite Kenny following direct correspondence with Chris Anderson at Rio...the lines are as he says...the same...here's his email..(goes to show you can never overestimate the intelligence of the public...lol)
    QUOTE:"Yep, they have always been exactly the same.We did that to make it easier and less confusing for folks. Someone walks into a fly shop, doesn’t ask for help, doesn’t want help, but they know they are going red fishing….buy the redfish line….another guy walks into the shop, same scenario but he’s going bonefishing…..buy the bonefish quickshooter. The fact is, the line works incredibly well for both scenario’s. While it started out as our redfish taper, it has become a staple in the bonefish arena as well. But, why would a guy going on a bonefish trip buy a fly line with a redfish on the box?? Be sure to let me know if you have further questions or comments:"UNQUOTE.
    Cheers